COMSYS, who sponsors this blog, is looking to hire a new recruiter for technical staffing. I have the unofficial job posting which should offer a better description of what they do and what they are looking for The following is an interview with Alan Hay, the branch manager (and your future boss) for COMSYS in St Louis.
1) What kind of recruiter are you looking for: Experienced, Rookie, Experienced recruiter with no technical experience?
I am looking for a recruiter with at least 3 years of recruiting experience. They do not need to have IT Staffing Industry experience. I do need a person that understands the entire recruiting process and is confident in their skills to be able to find the best qualified candidates through the different recruiting options available.
2) What is a recruiter realistically going to make in the first full year with Comsys? This is going to be based upon the recruiters skills and results and I would have to give a range of $65K to $85K+ as there is no capping of commissions at COMSYS.
3) What’s your biggest challenge right now in terms of recruiting? What can the next recruiter do to solve that problem? The market is becoming a candidate driven market for good qualified candidates and the next recruiter needs to be able to build relationships fast and make good use of their pipelining abilities.
4) How many phone calls does a recruiter have to average a day to be successful? At least 50+ calls per day and spending about 70% of your day on the phone.
5) What are the KPI’s you use to judge a recruiter’s performance? Performance numbers are tracked on a monthly basis but we break them down to manage on a daily/weekly basis. On a weekly basis I am looking for a recruiter to make 10+ submittals, have 3+ interviews and make 1 placement per week (contract or perm).
6) If I have an offer for COMSYS and an offer from another firm on the table, why do I choose COMSYS? For people that have a passion for recruiting you will definitely be able to fulfill your personal and business goals at COMSYS. We offer a fair base salary, a commission program that rewards top producers, and a team environment and company that is committed to being the best in the industry. We offer tools to our recruiters that cannot be matched. Our database system will blow you away with it’s capabilities.
If you are interested in learning more, or want to make this a confidential inquiry, contact me at the e-mail address above or contact Alan directly at http://comsys.stlrecruiting.com