You know me and short job descriptions. I need someone to be a social media consultant for a company. The position starts off as consulting gig, but if you do a good job, they will want you to go full time in six months. I have a fixed rate and salary in mind.
The position is remote, but you'll have a cubicle. It's working for a nursing provider here in St Louis, helping brand and promote the recruiting department. The job is not posted, and it's my job to bring a slate of candidates to them (it's retained).
What you'll do
You'll blog (regularly, and on multiple sites).
You'll monitor the online world for information on the company
You'll look for and post events in other cities.
You'll help the recruiter be the face of the company's employment, but will not be a ghostwriter.
You'll make it so the recruiter and the company are well-known in the geographical area, which means working with them to create a style of writing that agrees with both of you.
You'll report on results.
What I need from you.
1) Experience writing consistently in the online world
2) Experience interviewing (reporters and recruiters welcome)
3) Self-disciplined (as in examples, not, "I'm really discipline."
5) Functional use of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Ning social networks, Google, and blogging platforms (this is typepad, but you don't need it)
6) Some background in recruiting is great, but not necessary. Same is true for PR.
7) A desire to utilize social media for results, and not "engagement" or "conversation." It's a metrics based world.
I can train some of what you don't know, but I'm only training the one who gets the job. If interested, contact me at socialmediaheadhunter at the google email or using smheadhunter as a headhunter on a number of sites.